Giving Back: Consolidated’s Community Involvement Committee
One of our guiding principles at Consolidated Insurance is our belief in being good partners in the communities we serve. Many companies do good work with their financial support of various charities, but at Consolidated we take that commitment a step further with regular and active participation in community events by our team.
The Consolidated Community Involvement Committee grew out of that philosophy, and brings planning and structure to our giving of time and resources. Formed in 2011, the committee was originally headed up by Carole Hoover and Paul Sullivan and the reins were recently taken over by Lee Dixon, Maura Greco, and Amanda Tousaw. In 2017 alone, Consolidated employees have:
- Spent two days serving food at Helping Up Mission, with more scheduled
- Collected men’s clothing and toiletry items for Helping Up Mission and will continue to do so
- Filled baskets for new moms at the Alpha Pregnancy Center in Reisterstown as well as donated many baby supplies and clothes
- Collected gently-used women’s clothing for Ruth’s Closet, an affiliate of the House of Ruth, and will continue collecting
And still on our schedule between now and year’s end:
- Supporting the annual PMJ Foundation’s back-to-school drive
- Participating in the Diabetes Walk in October
- Soliciting donations for the Reisterstown Food Pantry from our employees and our carrier partners in conjunction with our annual Fallfest celebration
- Participating in the BARCStoberfest 5k Run/Walk in late October
- Participating in Wreaths Across America at Garrison Forest Cemetery in December
We are incredibly proud of the Consolidated team and the effort they put into helping those around them and for contributing to the betterment of our communities.