One of our guiding principles at Consolidated Insurance is our belief in being good partners in the communities we serve. Many companies do good work with their financial support of various charities, but at Consolidated we take that commitment a step further with regular and active participation in community events by our team.
The Consolidated Community Involvement Committee grew out of that philosophy, and brings planning and structure to our giving of time and resources. Formed in 2011, the committee was originally headed up by Carole Hoover and Paul Sullivan. The Committee’s current chairperson is Maura Greco.
So far in 2019, Consolidated employees have:
- Spent two days serving food at Helping Up Mission, with more scheduled
- Collected men’s clothing and toiletry items for Helping Up Mission and will continue to do so
- Held a chili cook-off with the proceeds going to several different charities
- Collected and delivered donations for Backpacks of Love
- Participated in a work day with Habitat for Humanity of Carroll County
- Collected and delivered donations for the Alpha Pregnancy Center
- Picked up trash in the industrial park
- Held a guacamole challenge benefitting several charities
- Collected and delivered donations for the Community Crisis Center
And still on our schedule between now and the end of the year:
- Supporting the annual PMJ Foundation’s back-to-school drive
- Two more opportunities to serve at Helping Up Mission
- Participating in the Diabetes Walk in October
- Soliciting donations for the Reisterstown Food Pantry from our employees and our carrier partners in conjunction with our annual Fallfest celebration
- Participating in Wreaths Across America
We are incredibly proud of the Consolidated team and the effort they put into helping those around them and for contributing to the betterment of our communities.